December

” The Start of Something” Taken by Gabriela A Tejada

I remember it all, but remember nothing.
Your being wrapped around my mind
erasing our surroundings
making you my sole point of focus.

Your hand guided me through the city with such tenderness that the fear of the unknown kicked in
but was settled by your calming cold lips against my warm neck as you softly whispered
Trust me.

On the train you held me close
I closed my eyes as you admired me
your blue eyes suffocating me in emotions that till now were foreign
you told me to look up but I was lost
guided back only by your fingers on my face,
held captive by your eyes once more.

That night was a haze, but If asked to describe your eyes I would do so with such detail that it would be as if you were there.

That faithful December night started with a Smile, was followed with a Kiss, and ended with my hand in yours as you softly whispered Trust me.

Gabriela A Tejada

Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

All Images were taken by me, unless stated otherwise.

11 Comments Add yours

1. Tandi Tales says:

Your posts are very emotive. They stir up feelings that make me feel like I’m there. There’s something melancholy about them too, but that’s probably just me imprinting my own biases. Or maybe it’s because it’s written past tense. It seems like your characters long for something that’s no longer there.
    In any case, great writing.

Liked by 1 person

1. TheAstronomicalPoet says:

Quite observant. Some may long for what’s not there, but most are just longing for what’s to come. My poems are written to elicit all emotions, to be interpreted however the reader wants. Thank you for the kind words poems🌙

Liked by 2 people

2. lynyo says:

Beautiful picture, astonishing words!! thanks for sharing

Liked by 1 person

1. TheAstronomicalPoet says:

Liked by 2 people

1. TheAstronomicalPoet says:

3. alexraphael says:

So visual and vivid 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. TheAstronomicalPoet says:

Liked by 1 person

4. Very emotional. Good job

Liked by 1 person

1. TheAstronomicalPoet says:

5. I love the contradiction between the words and imagery and memories… so is the way of human life. Very well accomplished! I’m so excited to have found your blog! ~Kelsey 😄✨